Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleep Part II

Last nights attempt to create a sleep pattern for Reagan went MUCH better.  Every time he fell asleep during the day I would lay him in his bassinet downstairs next to me.  He would not sleep for long which was fine with me, I hoped that meant he would sleep better that night.
He fell asleep on me around 7pm, after he ate.  So I didn't get to do the routine I had planned.  I held him until 8pm rolled around then took him up stairs and laid him down.  Since he was sleeping with with his head on my shoulder I laid him down on his stomach.  To keep the warm spot he had from laying against me.  It totally worked he slept until 11pm.  Only a couple times did I have to go up to put his paci in.  But unlike the night before he went RIGHT back to sleep once the paci was in.  No shhing necessary.  Reagan is very much like his Papa.  He sleeps better on his stomach.

I debate if I should put his paci in so quick to keep him from crying so that way he stays in his sleepy mood.  Or wait to see if he might fall back asleep without it which runs the risk of him waking up more and crying and keeping him up longer and breaking his sleep pattern...

At 11 he woke up hungry, so I took this time to do our routine, I changed his diaper and clothes, fed him and sang to him.  The not good thing about feeding Reagan is he has Awake Time after he eats.  And this time was no exception.  He was up for about an hour.  between 11:30 and 1am is not a good time for me.  I shut down.  Which is too bad, because like me, when Reagan is tired he appears to be just like me and shuts down.  Once he got tired he cried and cried.  So I sat in his room with him just holding him, until in a snap of a finger he was out.  WITHOUT his paci!!!  Now I know he was tired!!! =)  So I laid him down and he was out until 5am!  When I had to get up to give him his paci.  That bought me time until just about 7am.  I then brought him into my room and fed him lying down.  At this point I don't mind Reagan waking up at 7am.  But thankfully he likes to sleep in.  He usually gets up for good and greets the sun around 9. 

I'm very happy with last night.  I hope we can keep this up and maybe improve it enough to get him to sleep through the 11-1a time.

1 comment:

  1. things will fall into place. you are doing great. :) keep doing what is best for both of you. following your instincts is great advice, and the other piece, don't forget about you! you DO have to do what is best for you as well...bc if you aren't taking care of you, nobody will be happy. not him, not you, not evan. a happy mama, makes a happy home. :) treat yourself a little each day and take a little time away each week to remember who jennifer is. you are more than just a mom and over time if you don't nurture that person, you will feel lost. hugs, laura

    ReplyDelete