The first thing I love the most is when he grabs my finger or even on my hand he will open and close his little fingers over mine, over and over again. I love his little fingers and to feel them touch me and hold me.
Which leads me to my next favorite, when I'm feeding him and his hands touch my skin, like my tummy and he just moves his hand on my tummy and plays with his hands together or just exploring my skin and opening and closing his hands by my tummy. I love it because only he and I get to share that moment and tenderness. Which will lead me to my next favorite.
I love the opportunity to nurse my son. That is the most tender moment we can share. I'm so thankful that he nurses so well. I was so afraid after being at the hospital and having a bottle and paci for 4 days he wouldn't latch on or want to nurse. He took to it like the typical boy that he is (he is his Father's son) I was so thankful for that. I love the opportunity to snuggle him and hold him and watch him. Those are moments no Mother that bottle feeds will ever understand or get to experience and that is so sad. Working through the pain is SOOO worth it, it passes. It has been through nursing that I bonded with Reagan in a way I never would have without it. There is truly a special bond between Mother and Baby. I'm so thankful for.
A new favorite, Our night time routine. I now get a half hour with Reagan at night where the lights are low, I bring him upstairs between 7 and 7:30pm, I change his diaper, put him in his PJ's, set the heating pad in his crib to get his bed nice and warm (remove it before I put him in), Then we sit in the black recliner, I feed him, sing to him and snuggle him until he falls asleep, then I lay him down and just watch him. It's so hard, so much of the time, when he is sleeping or all snuggly not to squeeze him and wake him up just to love on him!!!!! He is so precious!...but then he usually wakes me up at 2am and precious is out the window! =)
| Figuring out those hand to mouth skills |
Reagan will sit and play, and laugh with us, and look around for a good hour. I love the nice slow mornings we share. It's a perfect way to wake up. I'm SOOO glad he isn't a crier when he wakes up. I have never been the type of person to like, or need loud alarms to wake me up. I used to wake up to the slight click of my radio before it even comes on.
Of course, I love when I get him to smile, and watching him develop and grow. I love that he is getting more of a personality everyday and looking more like Evan. I love my boys. I'm a very happy woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment