Saturday, May 7, 2011

Guided

Last night I had so much going through my mind and a huge list of things to do before my First Shelf Reliance Party.  It seemed like all of a sudden I was in too deep.  I felt so overwhelmed I nearly had a mental collapse.  So I told Evan I needed a time out.

I went upstairs to pray, then take a few minutes to read the scriptures to calm me down and relax my brain.  In my prayer I asked for help, I needed mental clarity, help to focus and not feel overwhelmed.  I asked for a blessing on Reagan that he would be in a proper mood so I could get done what I needed to.

After reading I went down stairs and got to it.  Evan headed to work, and Reagan needed to go down for a nap.  Blessing #1, Reagan ended up sleeping 3 hours.  That allowed me the time I needed to get almost everything done.  I was able to call my Helper and chat with her, get my note cards done, and get organized.  I remember at a certain point saying.  "Okay, I'm now ready for Reagan to wake up", about 15min later he was.  I still had things to do, but was finally in a position that I could handle it and Reagan at the same time with ease.

For the past few days I had been looking all over for a pile of sheet protectors I had.  At one point Evan had come upstairs to find me organizing all our paperwork and files, just to try and find these sheet protectors I knew were somewhere.  But I had not been able to find them so we eventually just bought some on Thursday.  Unfortunately I got home and realized I needed more, but we forgot to pick them up yesterday and Evan had to leave for work, so I was out of luck.  Another reason I was stressed out, I wasn't going to have the clean cut presentation I was hoping for.  Blessing #2, Randomly during my final organization the thought came to me with such clarity, "the sheet protectors are in your cookbook"  *light bulb!*  Sure enough, in the kitchen, in my homemade cookbook full of recipes I've pulled out of magazines and online were all my extra sheet protectors!! 

That was an absolute answer to my prayers!  I'm so thankful for prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  I went to sleep feeling confident and calm about the following day.  I feel the party went great.  There was a fabulous turn out with a great result.  I'm so happy to be able to share this product.  I really love it and love to share the opportunity with others.  I don't feel like I'm "selling" at all, I'm really just sharing with as many people as I can about what I'm passionate about.  I loved to see how everyone LOVED the food.  They were as impressed as I was.  I knew once Evan loved the food it was a sure hit!  =)  If I can sell Evan I can sell anyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment