“We have become a nation of pleasure seeking sabbath breakers… What fits the purpose of the Sabbath? Activities that contribute to greater spirituality…I don’t believe that it is possible to keep our spirituality on a high plane by spending our Sabbaths on the beach, on the golf course…or in our own homes…looking at television.”~ President Ezra Taft BensonEvan's reply was to bring up, "what about those talks about honoring your husband and his Priesthood decision?" I commented, "they say to follow your RIGHTEOUS dominion." Evan said he would find a quote that says I needed to follow him no matter what at all times. Well Evan sent me this lovely quote while he was at work today, it was titled, Holy Quote, here it is...
“In every situation that may arise between a husband and his wife, the husband’s decision is correct by default. This is especially true when it comes to the matter of deciding what is appropriate for Sunday activities. As my great-grandfather, Wilford Woodruff, told me ‘I don’t see anything wrong with jumping on the trampoline or watching television on Sundays, if that’s what the man of the house wants to do.’ So brethren, I put it in your hands to spread this holy doctrine. You may do whatever floats your boat on Sundays, no matter what information your wife may find on the internet, this is the final word on the subject. Amen”
Excerpt from a talk given by a member of the 70,
June 12 1965, at a meeting of super awesome men
I laughed so hard!! My Husband kills me!!!!!
i beleieve that everyone is in different places at different times on this matter. for some, exercising or being out in nature DOES make them feel closer to the spirit. i'm not saying it does for evan, haha, but for some, yes. 5 years from now, he may feel completely different as reagan gets older and he (evan) matures more. i too, don't like tv on sundays unless it is church material...just my preference.
ReplyDelete