I felt it was important to let Evan know my feelings about Mother's Day, since this is my first, and I have varied opinions on Holidays. I love my Birthday to be celebrated just about the whole week...if not the whole month! =) I HATE Valentines day I would like to just pretend it doesn't even exist. Christmas, I don't care at all about the gifts, I'm more about the spirit of the Season and the baking. So as to not have any confusion I let Evan know Mother's day is to be celebrated like my Birthday!
So I was pleasantly surprised with how well he did. He gave me a bottle of perfume that I had been needing since I was pregnant with Reagan. He gave me a new pair of sunglasses since I just broke mine. (Evan is really good at picking out sunglasses or me) He gave me a card and a night shirt that said, "Super Mom, Super Wife, Super Tired. However, it was 4X! I had to chuckle and ask him whats with him buying me large clothes. Our first Christmas he gave me Large PJ's and I was upset he thought I was so fat.
Yes, I do love to wear Evans shirts to bed, and have roomy clothes to sleep in. But I think 4X may be a tad too large. But I really do think it's funny and appreciate and love my first "Mommy shirt"
I mentioned that the clerk at check out must have thought his wife was also, Super Fat. I told him they should have added Super Fat to the shirts this size. I joked that I knew I wasn't the first one to think of that. "You know the people at the factory where these were made were making the same joke as they were packing these 4X shirts." Evan said, "No they didn't say Super Fat, they said, Mui Gordo!" hahaha Evan, so funny.
Reagan's gift to his Mama? He slept 10 1/2 hours for me last night!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment