Friday, May 20, 2011

New foods

I have started giving Reagan baby food now, he gets Rice, Oatmeal, and he had Barley a couple times.
  He loves all of it.  He also eats the baby food jars of veggies, fruit and meat.  He loves the fruit more than anything else.  I started him on this for a few reasons.  One, it's time, he is 6 months now!  2. he has not been getting what he needs from nursing. 
I got a food guide/feeding schedule from a class I attended.  I asked a few questions and the Nutritionist gave me some great guidance and useful information.  The meal planner really helped!

Reagan has his 6 mth check up on Thursday.  He was under the radar at 0.05% for children's weight.  I also asked the nurse about feeding him.  She said not to worry, that what I was doing was fine I told her I was concerned about over feeding him.  I know he is under weight but I tried to feed him until he was no longer yelling for more food and his stomach was so huge I was concerned he may blow up. 

The nurse said since Reagan is a "Caridiologist Baby"  he will need more calories because his heart is working harder.  That makes sense.  She said to keep doing what I'm doing, which is, I go by the guide I was given and I have been slowly adding more.  I'm glad I get to do this because it gives me an opportunity to use the sign for "more".  She called me this morning and said she was looking at his weight gain from his last check up, and since she saw what his real weight was, and so much under the percentile she recommended I add formula to his diet after I nurse him.  She asked about the fat in my milk which I told her wasn't much.  So it was a good thing I had started him on cereal when I did.

Reagan is hilarious.  He will take a bite of food and grab his foot to munch on it.  Or he will grab his bib and eat it!  I try to get those pictures but once the camera comes out he stops whatever he is doing to watch the camera and wait for the flash!  It's only luck for the pictures I get that catch his beautiful smile or adorable actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment