Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Baking Blow Out!

I was having my Shelf Reliance Consultant training last week and I wanted to make a couple THRIVE food items to have as refreshments.  It called for Heavy Cream, which I didn't have but I thought whole milk may be okay, I anticipated the dough having a little variation in consistency, but not as bad as it was, I ended up adding a bunch more flour.  I think it was still really yummy, so did Reagan, but it didn't look presentation worthy so I didn't share it.
Getting ready to spray Mama!

Reagan laid down on his tummy to eat the flour, I of course had to try and capture it.  As I grabbed my camera, Reagan grabbed the dough, you can see how runny it was before I added more flour.

We then made a super yummy Chocolate Chip Brownie Bar, a Paul Dean Recipe that is AMAZING, you combine a chocolate chip cookie recipe, spread it in a pan, then pour a brownie batter over that and bake it!  YUM!!  I can't beleive it, I thought I had a box of brownies, who doesn't have a box of brownie mix on hand at all times?!  Well I didn't, at least not in the traditional place.  I did have my Thrive brownies!!  Once again, thank goodness for Food Storage; Shelf Reliance saves the day again!!

Reagan worked his way into the sink this time while I was cleaning up.

This morning I was making my whole wheat bread again and Reagan really got into it.  I had about half a cup of flour on hand to sprinkle on our counter, well, Reagan wanted to just eat it straight!! HAHA!  So funny!  I'm glad I ended up having all the flour I needed already on the counter...however, Reagan did help and pour the rest of the flour out later.



No comments:

Post a Comment