Let's start with last night.
I'm took upon me a challenge to book 24 Shelf Reliance parties in 24 hours. So I admit I was not super focused on Reagan yesterday. I was okay, but I admit, just not AS fun as I usually am. Thankfully he is a baby that is really good at entertaining himself, case in point...
I'm on the computer doing work and I start to hear glass clanking, I think how strange that is since there should not be any glass in Reagan's reach. So I walk into the kitchen and find that Reagan has moved a chair over to the counter where he usually sits to help me bake and is sitting on the counter playing with the butter dish as if nothing is wrong with this picture!! I have to say, I'm more proud than anything. I went to grab my camera and take a few pictures of the dangerous scene. Which really was dangerous if you could have seen what I saw, the gap between the chair and counter was big enough that if Reagan hadn't been successful getting up would have been a nasty fall because his feet would not have been able to find the chair again.
Lesson I Learned: I now need to make sure I keep the chair turned upside down on top of the trash can. He can't get it down and turned over without me hearing it!
2nd Heart Racer
With Evan gone I struggle to fall asleep due to fear of intruders. I have taken to booby trapping my house every night before I go to sleep. I won't discuss the details but lets just say the things I do have helped me to sleep much better. Part of my peace of mind is having my bedroom door open so I can hear better in order to protect Reagan.
Well, Reagan woke up at 2am this morning having a really bad dream that required I go in and hold him. That alone was so awesome and tender, he has not fallen asleep on me in MONTHS!! So I held him for about half an hour. After I laid him down I decided to shut my bedroom door, I felt safe enough that things would be fine for tonight. Stupid move, I will NEVER do that again!!
At 5am I'm awaken by what sounds like Reagan playing in his crib, lots of banging. I'm still eyes closed, trying to go back to sleep mode, I don't even peek to see what time it is, the big fear comes when my door opens with a bang (due to certain precautions I still put in force despite shutting my door all the way) I shot out of bed and see a man in my doorway wearing a hat, I'm thankful to say my instincts had me reaching for Evan's gun as I shout, "who is it?!" I remember thinking, "I can't believe this is happening to me!!!"
Evan, being the smart man that he is, and knowing his crazy wife, after just making it through her fun maze of alerts knew better than to just walk on through the door, he stayed out of the line of fire until he knew it was safe to come in. =)
Yes, I said Evan!! He was on his way to Laredo (country song going through my head right now) again, I asked if he was going through Nashville again. He did this run earlier last week and we planned on meeting up in Nashville since he takes I 65 down instead of I 24. It didn't work out last time. =( But this time Evan said they were going through MO anyway. So that was that.
Unknown to me, Evan's trainer decided he wanted to go through Nashville despite the way they were told. I went to bed early last night since I was so exhausted from my hard day of working 2 jobs at the same time. =) So I didn't hear Evan calling and texting me since my phone is on silent, to tell me he was coming to see me!! Evan was driving, and his trainer was sleeping, so Evan decided to detour and go down 24 instead. Heck, if his trainer can detour, so can Evan! =)
So I got to spend about half an hour with Evan. I'm a very giving wife, we scoured the kitchen for food, and rustled up more clothes and flip flops for him to take, however I had to draw the line when he asked to take my portable DVD player. It is my saving grace to help me get to sleep. If I didn't have that distraction playing my mind just goes and goes, I need it to re focus my attention on something else so I can sleep. It was still playing beside me when Evan arrived, I guess he was already planning on asking if he could take it, I did start to get it ready for him, but I had to draw the line and keep it. =( But Evan has a laptop with him, but his CD player is broken, I just happened to have a CD/DVD player that can attach to a laptop since I have the same problem on my laptop. So I gave Evan that! I hope it works for him.
On just a weird note, I'm really glad my house was clean when Evan got here!! My house is always clean, but on a rough day there may be clutter, Reagan does pick up his toys every night before going to sleep as part of his night time routine. I'm the type of person that will have a clean house all the time, but only when it gets messy does someone stop by and it makes the impression that it's always in that wrecked state. I'm just glad that Evan could walk through the door and despite the booby trap items, he knows that I'm keeping it together despite him being away. I keep my house clean for ME and Reagan, not to impress. I'm glad that when Evan came home he could feel the peace and calm that a clean house brings. Not overwhelmed and greeted by disaster. It made me feel successful as a wife and mom. so, pheww! =)
I sobbed a little in Evan's arms. I have really, really been missing him. It was a wonderful surprise, I just wish he could have stayed longer.
very cool you got a surprise visit from evan! that would have made my heart race, too!!!
ReplyDelete