I love that necessity is blessing me to be able to cook with Shelf Reliance THRIVE food. I have been able to taste more of the Thrive food than I ever have before and I'm more and more in love with it, every bite I take. This is now going on week 4 that Evan has been gone. We have been with out an income for 3 weeks. Evan just started getting paid on Friday $25 a day while he waits to be picked up by another trucker to start his phase I. Evan was incorrectly told his training would take 1 and a half to 2 weeks. It seems many students were told a variety of things. I did go to the store on the 1st to get a restock of the essentials and that will be it until next month.
I mentioned earlier how I was eating box mac & cheese with Reagan & fish sticks and fries. Those are still great yummy foods but once I decided I needed to eat healthier it was Shelf Reliance I went to. I started by making the Chicken salad. I love that. I used the tortilla wraps I had to eat them with because I was saving the bread for Reagan's lunches. On a side not with that, because I'm only going to the store once a month I needed to make my own bread, Honey Whole Wheat bread to be exact. I did not use any of my Thrive food for that because I still have my own store bought supply but it is very nice to know that if I run out of strore bought I can still make bread for us! The bread was delicious. I brought a loaf to Evan and he loved it! =) I'm always extra happy when I make something that Evan loves. It's like a double shot of confidence and pride!
I also made Corn bread using the Thrive corn meal, powdered milk and eggs. So yummy, except that I was spraying down my counters with water and ammonia and accidentally sprayed half my corn muffins. =( boo. As you can see, I'm also using homemade cleaning products too. I go back and forth between bleach and water and ammonia and water.
We used our Thrive instant milk the last week of the month and it is super tasty, on that note, Shelf Reliance just came out with a new Instant Milk that is supposed to be even better than the old one. I'm not sure how they can make it taste better when it already tasted great to me.
I have been using the powdered milk in my muffin mixes and all of my cooking instead of store bought milk to help my store bought COLD milk go further for cold cereal and other things I will want cold milk for.
Reagan and I have been having the Thrive strawberries in our oatmeal, and when we ran out of the store bought yogurt I have been giving Reagan the Passion fruit yogurt bites, and I've been eating them at night for my late night snack. SO YUMMY it seriously tastes like candy!
We opened the 6 grain pancake mix the other day. I had it at a party once and it was good. But for some reason when I made them the other day they were UNBELIEVABLE!! It tasted like a delicious pancake I would get at a restaurant. AMAZING, Shelf Reliance has come out with a new 10 Grain Pancake mix. that is taking over for the 6 Grain. I think I have that coming in my next Q Shipment.
Since Evan has been gone I have been making more desserts. I think it's a little bit of something for Reagan and I to do to pass the time and also I just feel like having sweets more now that Evan is gone. I'm still exercising and have not gained any weight yet, so I must be using good portion control. =) heehee
This morning Reagan and I made a really yummy Apple Crisp using the Thrive Apple Slices (which by the way are Organic and SOOO yummy to snack on, I think these are my new favorite Thrive snack food), Thrive Peach Drink mix to add extra flavor while re hydrating them and Thrive Brown Sugar. For tonight's dinner I'm excited to make a Bell Pepper Chicken with my Thrive Bell Peppers and anything else Thrive I have on hand.
I also look forward to trying the Potato Salad recipe I found too, it seems just as quick and easy as the Chicken Salad. Sorry, I couldn't find the chicken salad recipe online to share with you all.
I can't express in words what a comfort it brings to my heart to know that we are taken care of for food while we are in this time of not making any money. By having this peace in my heart it keeps the peace in the home. When I'm stressed on the inside it comes through to those on the outside. I'm thankful that I'm happy despite no income coming in, how many people can say that when they aren't making money?!! I'm thankful I'm still providing good healthy food for me and Reagan. I'm thankful for food storage that is so yummy, healthy, and makes cooking quick and a joy to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment