Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Sort of sad to celebrate Mother's day without Evan.  I decided to make my own happiness and celebrate as best I could.  I went out to use my Kohls $10 off card and use my Victoria Secret free undies gift card as a Mother's day gift to myself.  When I told Evan that I got a Bobby Flay Cast Iron Grill/Griddle that is originally $50 for free he was really excited and said that was his gift to me for Mother's Day. =)  He said he can't wait to use it.  Evan and I both LOVE kitchen stuff.  If we had the money we would have every gadget out there. =)
Reagan holding my undies
I took Reagan to the Zoo as another way to celebrate being a Mom, on the way home I decided to use a Fazoli's coupon to get us dinner for $2!!  I really wanted to get myself a Blizzard but I didn't.  I wish later I had. =(  It would have really wrapped up the good day.  oh well.

On Sunday Reagan gave me the best, and really only gift he could, he slept in until 8:30.  So did I!  I had a major toothache all day on Saturday I was popping pills all day.  On a scale of 1-10 I would give the pain a 7.  I couldn't sleep that night, combined with being sore from my Group Class I decided to take Percogesic to help with all my pains.  It worked awesome, and what was best, I wasn't groggy when I woke up like I am when I take sleeping aids.  In fact I felt totally energized!

Since we slept in we did not make it to church, which was sort of a bummer.  I was looking forward to seeing the ladies from Friday nights get together.  Looking forward to church to see ladies has not been a factor in my church attendance in a LONG, LONG time.

Reagan and I made Cinnamon rolls from scratch.  He helps me dump the stuff in the bowl and he helped to flatten out the dough and spread the butter.  For dinner I made us BBQ Chicken, Mashed Potatoes that weren't creamy at all, rolls and broccoli.  Dinner was good, even the potatoes despite their imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment