I had a fabulous Friday...well it did have a pretty huge down moment when Reagan fell all the way down the stairs in the afternoon. One of my worst fears came true. The visual is still so very clear and vivid in my mind, seeing the look on my sons face as I watch him roll down the stairs is very haunting. I was right there next to him, I should have been able to catch him and stop him, it's very surreal to have something seem to go so slow yet so fast at the same time. I just couldn't catch him, has anyone ever tired to stop something that is moving down stairs, it just can't be done.
I know Evan understands since he was the first one that has been in my shoes when Reagan fell partly down the stairs on his watch, but luckily I was downstairs heard the rolling and Evan yelling and was able to stop Reagan half way down. It was a case of deja vu as I ran down after Reagan yesterday. I screamed at the top of my lungs, NO! instinctively feeling and hoping that if I yelled loud enough he would stop, but he didn't. I knew my scream was going to make him cry if the fall alone didn't.
On paper they say you should not move someone after a fall, to first access if they have broken a major bone and moving them would cause more damage. Well, in the moment it's a no brainer, you scoop up your baby to hold them as if the world is coming to an end. He did cry of course, less than a minute!! Jeez, my boy is tough. I held him for a few minutes, I finally sat down with him and he wanted off my lap and to be done with the hugs. I was bawling my eyes, my sweet baby would come back to my lap and crawl on me to snuggle me a couple times while I cried. I was crying awhile and shaking and jittery for a few hours.
It wasn't even that I wasn't watching him, I had my eyes right on him and watched the whole thing play out, he just stepped too close to the edge of the stairs and his right foot slipped off, my eyes were glued to watching his foot slip, I was in the process of reaching out to grab him and telling him to be careful when it all happened. It's such a sick feeling to witness. I'm so thankful he is fine. I can't believe it.
The rest of the day kept getting better and better. I started my first weekly group Pole Dancing class here. I had 4 girls at $8 a person. I'm really excited about this being weekly because this will really help keep me in shape. I'm already so sore this morning...who am I kidding, I was sore last night right after the class. =P 1 of the girls arrived early and I got her signed up as my newest Shelf Reliance Consultant!! This makes 3 Consultants that I have on my team. I'm so thankful and so blessed. Two of my Consultants signed up with a goal and purpose to bring Shelf Reliance to their friends and family in other States. This is really exciting because my hope is that they will be able to get consultants under them when they are out there so that their business, and mine can branch out and reach greater areas.
My Relief Society President had a Girls Night at her house last night as well. I wasn't planning on going merely because it is so hard to find sitters. But I decided to put it out there and post on the RS FB page if there was anyone that could sit here while Reagan slept. Danielle, the gal that came to my Pole Class, and signed up as a Consultant is also the Young Women's President and reached out to one of her girls that is a great babysitter and she was able to help me out.
I was so glad, and had a really great time. No sick yucky feeling in my tummy afterwards...and I even said a few things that shocked people. But I guess their reaction and the atmosphere there must have helped me to feel accepted and loved no matter what. That is good. I really had a good time. Amber was having a Garage Sale today and she let us all go into her garage to have first dibs on her clothes and baby stuff for FREE. I got a few clothes for Reagan and a couple baby sign books and other children's books for him, and I got myself a couple shirts, pants, and amazingly enough I got Capri's, I can't believe I did that since I know they always look hideous on me but I just felt like these would be different and wouldn't you know it, they look okay on me. So that is pretty cool. I didn't want to ruin my good Friday by trying them on there and getting all depressed at the reality that trying on clothes often brings so I saved that joy until this morning. =) I also got Reagan a little See & Learn Driver toy that does the alphabet and numbers when you turn the steering wheel. We put batteries in it this morning and he is in 7th Heaven. All FREE!! Gotta love that!
A bitter sweet moment of the night came when my RS President revealed that her Birthday was in a few days, I found out I'm older than her. =( I just feel like RS Presidents need to be older than me...unless I'm too old. Which I guess that means I must be at "that age" when people of authority are younger than me now. =( So sad. Once she revealed her age I mentioned how bummed I was to find out I was older. There were only 3 other gals in the room at this time all of which knew me and they all seemed legitimately surprised when I finally said I was 31. But lets be honest, have we not all lied at times when someone reveals their age and said, "oh wow, you don't look it at all, I thought you were younger!" (LIE, LIE, LIE) So who really knows if their shocked faces were one of, "wow, she doesn't look that old." or "wow, I thought she was a lot older!" They commented how I didn't look that old and yadda yadda. Whether they were lying or not it sure does make me feel good because I don't feel like I look young. I look at myself in the mirror and really see an old face looking back at me. I just don't feel hot or sexy like I used to. I feel like, I look like a "Mom" you know the kind I mean. Inside I feel like I'm still young, physically I don't feel like I'm young. Not to really make me sound old but my body already aches more, weight is harder to lose, etc. Sweet, because of the compliment, Bitter because I'm still 31. =)
We were supposed to go to the Zoo today with Reagan's Grandma but she bailed. I still really wanted to go. I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate Mother's Day. I asked on FB if anyone had a coupon to the Zoo they wouldn't use and a gal that has older kids and wouldn't use it gave me hers. I thought it was going to just be $2 off, but it's half off!! That was a pretty cool surprise so once Reagan wakes up from his nap, I have his lunch all packed and we are ready to head to the Zoo for a fun Mommy/Son Date. I'm so excited. I know Reagan is going to love it and I love that he will love it!
reading this made me realize i totally forgot to check my calendar about watching reagan last night! i'm guessing it didn't matter since you didn't remind me by checking again?!?! glad it worked out anyway.
ReplyDeleteYou know I don't like rejection, I wasn't going to ask again and make you actually say no. It all worked out.
ReplyDeletewell, i wouldn't have said no if i was available, which i was, we just went to our ward spaghetti dinner/auction! i'm just so dang forgetful!!
ReplyDelete