Friday, November 26, 2010

Sweet moments

I'm so thankful I'm loving being a mom as much as I am.  I've already been pee'd on and pooped on!  Funny how it's totally different when it's your own. =)  I don't mind the sound of my son crying...much.  It only bothers me because I want him happy, not because it's annoying.  I'm so thankful I love my baby so much.  I will just do anything to make him happy!

 He sleeps between us most of the time, because that is where he sleeps best, I give him his paci at the drop of a hat,if that is what makes him happy, because having my baby happy makes me happy.

He did spit up for the first time this week, while I know it is totally normal it hit a nerve with me and I found myself taking him from Evan and holding like some protective mama bear while tears just fell uncontrollably.  I'm still not sure why that upset me so much.  I know I felt like maybe I fed him too much, or maybe my milk was bad, I just had so many horrible thoughts and felt so bad that my baby had thrown up...and also a little upset he had just spewed up a whole bottle of milk I had pumped for him.  (pumping is not easy, nor fun so I don't like seeing my precious work up chucked!) =P

Evan was looking at Reagan and said, "look at what we created.  Much better then anything we made at Paint Away." =)  heehee

Reagan had his first pediatric appt last week and had gone from 7lbs 5 oz to 8lbs 3oz!  I'm very proud of my boy!  Almost a whole pound in a week!  But he had his 2 week appt on Wed. and hasn't gained any weight.  But unlike during his week 1 appt, where he hadn't grown at all, Reagan had grown an inch and 3/4.  I will bring him back in on Monday for a quick weigh in.  I'm feeding him just about every second he is awake now to see if we can't get more weight on him.  I'm not worried.  He pee's and poops all the time so I know he is eating plenty, I'm not worried that he starving in the slightest.

During the week1 appt his Dr felt around his groin area, where they had put in the camera and catheter and she felt a lump that she thought might be a clot.  So she sent us to Gateway to have an ultrasound of that area and I guess they saw something because they called 1 of Reagan's Cardiologist in Nashville, Dr Jansson.  And he had us come down the next day to have it looked at.  They said it was either a clot or a fistula. 

Let me tell you, my emotions were on the edge.  I hated the thought of having something else wrong with my son, having to go back to Vanderbilt, I was so scared we would go there and possibly not leave again.  Evan was with me during Reagan's pediatric appt and during the ultrasound because he was off work that day, but he would be at work when I would need to go down to Nashville again.  I was petrified.  I did not want to go alone.  I didn't know where I was going, and I had not driven with Reagan in the car yet and didn't feel comfortable driving that far unsure of my destination.  And I was scared to be there alone.  It was too soon for me to be going through this again.  It was too soon for my son to be going through this again.  I needed a break for me, I needed a break for my son.  I was also scared I wouldn't understand what was going on, just like when they were talking about his heart. 

Thankfully Evan thought of calling his dad.  Mike is retired and thankfully was available to drive us to Nashville and be there for us when we met with Dr Jansson.  Thankfully all seems to be okay.  He does have a clot but the Dr seemed certain that in most cases they work themselves out.  If it doesn't there are other things that can be done but I don't even want to mention them because I'm confident..or at least hopeful that everything will be okay.  They will keep an eye on his leg, at the same time they are keeping an eye on his heart.  He said, as long as he is getting circulation through his leg it is nothing to be concerned with.  So now I'm constantly checking his legs and toes, and rubbing his leg.

Reagan has been laughing in his sleep, and he lost his little umbilical cord stump last night.  I went to change him in the middle of the night and it was gone.  He was wearing a sleeper, and I couldn't find it in his sleeper so I have no idea where it went! Not that I want to save it, but I would like to see it...and just know where it is, that's kinda gross that there is some nasty little black stump floating around somewhere. =P

Here are the lastest photps we have been taking


Snuggling w/ Papa at his first pediatric appt.

So tiny and precious

Our first blow out!

0-3mth outfits are all too big! heehee



Thinking about pooping

Dreaming of the day he will have a hairy chest like his Daddy's




Breatfeeding Mommies!

Chillin in his swing!

Home from the hospital!

Baby yawn's!

Reagan's first piece of mail from Uncle Ryan & Aunt Beth!


Take your son to work day

Leila holding her cousin

Levi hanging out with his cousin


No comments:

Post a Comment