My mom called me during the week to see if I could come to her ward this week since old family friends would be there from Navoo. Even though it was daylight savings, and church was at 9am, I told her I would. Then Adam called me yesterday and said, "Oh, and I guess since I have you on the line...it's no big deal but I will be ordained as a high priest tomorrow if you wanted to come."
I admit, not having a Priesthood holder in my home growing up I never followed Priesthood business too closely, or knew what it all meant. I ask questions as I go, so now was a good time to ask, "What does that mean Adam?" To help me understand he said that a few men get this, "Like Kim Risenmay, Lauren Robinson, Jeff Krumperman..."
"All those men were our Bishop's Adam!"
"No, not Lauren Robinson..."
Well with that, I was officially going to be at my Mom and Brother's ward today! Adam was currently the Elder's Quorum President, and doing a wonderful job. Growing up with Adam I knew how wonderful he was, I knew leadership callings were a given in his future. Everyone loves my Brother...and if they don't, they have issues and just don't count. =)
Long story short, my Brother was called to be 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric! I'm very proud of my Brother. He has so much on his plate, going to school online, a VERY full time job that has him working 6 days a week, a full time Husband and Dad, and a caring, active Son and Brother. He does a wonderful job balancing them all. I know Heavenly Father will bless him and his family for all he is doing, and the intents of his heart.
Way to go Brother, you will be great!

No comments:
Post a Comment