On my way home from my Uncle Doug's after being in his home where he has displayed so prominently pictures of my Grandma B. I can't help but have thoughts of her come back to me.
I mentioned to Evan a memory I have from my childhood; Since my mom's Dad died before I was born she would often mention how she wished her Dad could be present to see me and participate in my growing up. Then she would follow it up by saying how her Dad did already meet me and hold me, before I came to earth. She would try to make it lighter by saying how he probably sat me down and prepared me for the crazy life I would have with mom. =)
I can't help but talk about my Grandma B, I wish so much that Evan would have had the opportunity to meet her, than he would understand why I love her so much. I wish he just knew what she looked like in person, sounded like, and see her mannerisms. Since I think my Grandma B. and I are very similar in many ways. I think Evan would have appreciated that.
I mentioned to Evan how I wish my Grandma B could be here to see our first baby and hold him. And that is how I came to remember the memory from my Mom and her Dad. So I couldn't help being touched by the thought that this little baby growing inside me might have been counseled by my Grandma, and met her and talked together.
I don't know how things work in Heaven, but the thought does warm my heart to think that my Grandma isn't so far away or un-involved in her Grand children's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment