Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 6 update

I don't look ammused, I probably wasn't feeling too well


I started off this week feeling GREAT! Which had me kinda worried. My periods have always been SO horrible, including nausea and vomiting at times that I just assumed my pregnancies would be just the same, if not worse. Apparently, I should have just enjoyed my moment and been thankful for it. Cause by Tuesday I finally vomited. I have off and on just felt yucky where my tummy just didn't feel right, but I would not at all have called it morning sickness. Usually, very seldom, I just feel yucky, take it easy,rest, drink some water and I'm okay.

From the beginning I have had a BIONIC sense of smell!! CRAZY sensitive. But it has usually been a good thing and I have enjoyed everything that has been passing my way. HOWEVER, at work the gal that I sit next to everyday, (and I mean knees touching close) smells like stale cigarette smoke, her dad came into work one day and instantly filled the office with his stench, so I knew her odor came from living with her Dad who is clearly a chain smoker. Even if I wasn't pregnant I don't enjoy the smell of stale cigarette smoke. Add being pregnant into the mix and I can just about die!!!

It has been tough but I have been doing pretty well, until Tuesday, I wasn't feeling real well, but nothing that I wasn't handling by drinking lots of water and keeping my face away from her as much as possible. After a restroom stop, I went into the super small staff room to wash my hands, opened the door to have the smell from my co-workers jacket completely take over the small room and hit me like a ton of bricks, I carried on, trying to breathe and talk myself down from the shock of the smell, but it was no use. I lost my cookies like no body's business! =( I really don't like throwing up, I can't help but cry, and shake. It's not fun to not have control of your bodily functions. But on a positive note, I felt pretty good afterwards!

So for now, that was the only ralphing incident. My nose can't stand the smell of sugary things, nor do my taste buds really like sugar either right now. I'm having a hard time finding things I want to eat. I have been trying to eat super healthy, which I have been doing really great at, until week 6, just due to not finding anything that doesn't have a smell, or appeals to me. So now, I feel I just need to eat anything that sounds good to me, right away. We went to Subway on Saturday and I discovered Manna!!!! Baked Lay's BBQ chips!!!! *HALLELUJAH!!!* OMGosh, those are the best!!!! It was love at first sight, I ripped open that bag and started chowin down before the guy even asked, 'Can I help you?'! As we were checking out, they asked if Evan was getting a meal too (sub, chips & drink) he said no, just sub and a drink. WAS HE NUTS?!?! "Evan, get the meal, and I'll get another bag of chips!"
I'm just so happy to have found something I actually enjoy eating! Starting Saturday, I have been feeling a lot better again. Thank goodness.

So for this week, the baby is the size of a blueberry. It will be pretty funny to have Evan calling the baby a blueberry all week, I can't help but think of Willy Wonka, "I have a blueberry for a Daughter!" =)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a boy. :) i got sick at 6 weeks w/the boys too.....then i was SO sick and near nothing sounded good. even food commercials made me wanna hurl! i lived on carrots and celery. finally, after 5 months of sickness i craved beef, haha. by month 6 i could stand to eat a little sugar. so sorry about the smells at work you can't get away fromm! :( i hope it gets better!whn i was preg with the boys i couldn't stand the smell of onions and the girl i worked with had them in her lunch all the time...it made me so mad!!

    ReplyDelete