Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 5 update

Trying to hide my face, not much to see but bloat!

We are now in week 6 of my pregnancy, so I thought I would do a recap of our first week adjusting to the idea of adding another member to our family.

Evan and I spent the first day telling everyone closest to us the news. I will usually get 1 text from Evan a day saying hi, or on a really good day, I'll get one phone call. On Tuesday, I think he called me at least 4 times to check in and see how I was feeling! =) He is so adorable!

He also came home that day with the classic book, What to Expect when your Expecting, and another book for soon-to-be-Dad's. To say Evan is excited is the understatement of the year. Evan and I told our family and a couple of friends personally, but in the course of less than 12 hours 3 people gave us the optimistic news to expect a miscarriage, or at least, not to be surprised if it happens. =( Not exactly the response we were thinking we would get to the news. But I know each of these 3 people had pure intentions, and thought they would be the only one to break the news to us, but it was kind of a downer. Despite saying I'm going to just enjoy the whole experience and not let what these 3 people said get me down, it was pretty depressing and has got me a bit down.

If not for Evan and his over the top optimism and giddiness I'd be real depressed. Evan has helped me have hope, and through his example I'm learning to find the joy just as he does. This week I have felt GREAT! Aside from the cramping that is normal for first timers. And the abnormal awareness of my boobels. Evan actually noticed the increase in their size 2 weeks ago! Leave it to the man to notice such things before I do. All week Evan has started calling our new little life "My little sesame seed" So I guess this week it will be upgraded his little Lentil!

Which brings up another point, Evan doesn't like it when I say, 'it', he prefers that from now on we call it a 'him' or 'he'! Since we both want a boy. We are just going to be putting boy energy out there and hope we can fake it till we make it! HA! =)

1 comment:

  1. did you look at the chinese lunar calendars online to see what it says about the baby's sex? those are fun and for the most part accurate. loni's was a mix on several diff ones but about 66% girl. the boys and leila was 100%.

    ReplyDelete