Monday, March 8, 2010

Our big move

The last week of February due to Evan's job we started discussing the possibility of moving to Tennessee back where his family and friends are, where Evan knows more people and has more connections and job possibilities. We decided to make it a matter of prayer and make our final decision the middle of March to move sometime the middle of May, or later.

Last week on Monday Evan called me after really having his final straw with work and having his hours cut to 20 hours a week he decided that we needed to move the end of this month if at all possible. Since with the cut in hours things would be too tight to wait any longer. So I went to work, I had to immediately call our landlord and let him know. Our lease contract says we only need to give 20 days notice, but I wanted to give as many as possible so he can get prepared too. I waited until Evan got home from work to further discuss our possibilities and make sure it was what Evan really wanted before I called the Landlord and left a message. Next thing to do was let my mom know. I wanted to make sure she had more notice then anyone. So I planned to talk to her on Tuesday and let her know about or sudden move.

It was that night, or actually morning, when I took the pregnancy test at 3am and found out even more news I would have to share with my mom. =( I was already sad, and stressed about having to tell my mom we were moving the end of this month, now to add this on top of it. It's no wonder I was unable to sleep after I had the news. I cried a lot on behalf of my mom, and myself. The move alone, coming so quickly was a lot to handle, now I'm going to be without MY mom while I'm pregnant with my first baby. I think anyone that loves their Mommy would be pretty upset about that. I still call my mom when I'm sick, and need her to tell me what to do. This is a pretty emotional time for me. Deep down I feel this move is at the right time. I trust in Heavenly Father and know he has a plan for us. The long term happiness of our family I know will eventually over ride this initial sadness. It's just a shock to the system all this change happening so fast.

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry you are sad and about your mom. :( i hope she took the news alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you don't know me. I am friends of Evan and Laura. I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for all that you are having to go through. This life sure isn't easy. Congrats on finding out that you are expecting. I hope that all will work out for you in all that is coming your way.

    ReplyDelete