My Sister-in law Laura took on the huge task of throwing me a baby shower. After finally talking me into it and giving me an awesome dose of, Get Over Your, "I don't know anyone and no one will come" Pitty Party and let me throw you a flippin shower!


She put so much thought and love into making this the best shower for me. And it was. It was perfect! People did show up, despite the time needing to be moved because of a Church Stake Family Fun Day that ran exactly during the original time of the shower. I feel so loved, and really in such awe that as many people showed up. These women don't know me very well, 1. because I'm new to TN and 2. because I'm not good at all at being social. I just never know what to say or how to act, and I'm always nervous I will say the wrong thing. (and I do) This shows me the strength, and love of Sisterhood. And the couple of other girls that came to the party even when they might not know anyone. And for the people from home (WA) that took the time to send baby gifts and cards.
 |
| Love from home |
 |
| Preggers emotions |
 |
| Happy tears |
Laura played a dirty trick and gave me a gift first off from my dearest friend back home Deb. We have been such very close friends since I've been 18. The only friends we really had for years were each other. I wasn't expecting it, I opened the card and it took a moment to register that I was looking at Deb's handwriting and signature. I absolutely LOST IT and cried my eyes out!! I pulled out everything she gave me with such reverence and felt so close to her and to home because SHE had touched it, and it had come from WA. She thought of me and loved me enough to put this package together even with just having a baby less then 2 months ago. My friends Vicki, Cindy and Aimee also sent me wonderful gifts from home. And my Uncle Bill and Aunt Diane and Grandpa also sent me a card and a sweet gift.

Laura interviewed Evan and asked him a variety of questions so that people could get to know us better. Then, she did this awesome activity where you re-write Nursery Rhymes to be applicable to Evan and I and the baby. This was such a great idea and worked out really well! I for sure would not have been able to write such great lyrics to these rhymes. But every one's was SO great. I LOVED it! So creative!! Evan loved them too, when I took them home and read them all to him.

We also had a relay race, where there were 2 teams, one person on each team started off with a button up shirt, pants, and boots in front of them, (E's clothes) They played the part of Evan, I just woke him up and told him it was time to go to the hospital, so the girls had to quickly get dressed in E's clothes, after they finished it went to the next person on the team to drink 1.5 oz of water from a bottle, after that was completed, 1 person had to feed a jar of baby food to their partner, and the last person then had to make a diaper on them selves out of toilet paper. This game really was so much fun because it was fast paced and got everyone laughing and active. At the very end of the party we all found out Laura had my other Sister in law Julia writing down random things that had been said during the whole party, and gave it a title of, "things that will be said after the baby is born"

The food was also so delicious, which for a pregnant woman is important! =) Laura made my favorite cupcakes, German Chocolate with the yummy coconut frosting! She made some of the cupcakes into baby rattles, and turned a watermelon into a baby buggy and made sweet little baby chocolates.
 |
| Laura's Diaper Cake! |
Laura also made the coolest, HUGEST diaper cake. It didn't taste too good. But I appreciate the effort. =)
It was seriously huge! She then decorated it with all sorts of great baby items like teething tablets, perfect baby toys, sippy cup, snack cup, all sorts of things that I will be needing for the baby.
The biggest thing I took away from this whole shower is that I'm loved. I feel so much more secure and confident having this baby knowing there are women close by that love me and will be there to help me when we need them. Thank you Laura once again for being so wonderful. Words just aren't enough to let you know what I'm feeling in my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment