1. How did Jennifer tell you she was pregnant?
Woke me up at 3am with something in my face.
2. What was your response?
I first pushed her hand back to see what it was and then I hugged her
3. How did she react to the positive test?
She was shocked because she didn’t think she was going to be pregnant.
4. How has Jennifer been during her pregnancy?
Good. (I probed for more) She hasn’t been any more difficult than normal. =)
5. What was the first baby item you purchased?
A onesie from the Dollar Store
6. Do you feel like you know the sex of the baby?
Yes, about halfway through the pregnancy, I thought it would be a boy.
7. What if it’s a girl?
Oh Gosh. I’ll be very shocked and maybe disappointed for a second.
8. How do you feel about the sex of the baby being a surprise?
I don’t want it to be. That’s what technology’s for.
9. Why aren’t you finding out then?
I have no choice =)
10. During the birthing time, what are you most nervous about? (I love how Laura said "birthing time" hypnobabies uses that instead of "labor")
Passing out from the blood.
11. What are you most looking forward to?
Being a Dad and everything that comes along with it…teaching my own kids.
12. What do you think Jennifer is most looking forward to? (
Seeing me as a Dad. (Before Laura read the answer at the party she asked what I would say, I really didn't know so I said, being skinny again...But Evan's answer was totally right!)
13. What is Jennifer most nervous about?
Having someone completely dependant on her….having no alone time or couple time. (Evan is mostly right, I don't care about not having alone time by myself, I care about alone time w/ E, and just nervous about the change to our relationship and life)
14. How do you think Jennifer will be as a Mom?
Strict and really protective…a good mom. (I think he's right) =)
15. How do you think you will be as a Dad?
Fun, but not a pushover (when this was read at the party everyone laughed and said, "yeah right!" Evan will be a total softy for this baby!!) =)
16. What features and traits do you most want the baby to have of Jennifer’s?
Frugality. Her nose, her legs (if it’s a girl) and her sweetness. (not sure what I would have thought he would say, but I didn't expect any of these responses. But I love them all and was pleasantly surprised.)
17. Wow! I was expecting you to say her nice butt, LOL!
There are things that I like about her that I don’t want others to like about my kid. =) Well said! (That is totally an Evan response!) =)
Here is the Poem Laura came up with for us: (Laura caught all the highlights of our relationship and the start of our family so perfectly in this poem and she did it all in an hour!)
Evan and Jennifer
met near the sea.
They worked through some issues
and thought about family.
Her ring was so lovely,
he did very well.
The proposal, however,
wasn’t so swell!
Despite disappointment,
the plans did begin.
Maui was the place,
it was to happen!
She called the venue
and spent all her money.
The ceremony was beautiful,
and the photos so lovely!
A few days vacation,
and then it was time.
It’s always inevitable,
back to the grind.
So they continued,
but something was missing.
Scared as she was,
they did lots of kissing.
Displaying much faith
and carrying on,
It’s pretty obvious,
it didn’t take long!
A baby bundle,
so new and sweet.
It won’t be long,
until they’re complete!
Here are the other redone lyrics:
Remix to Jack & Jill: By Amber & Jessica
Jenn & Evan
prayed to heaven
to receive a bundle of joy
Though they'd be happy
with whatever gender the baby
They think it's a baby boy
Shower was fun
Friends and loved ones
blessings and gifts were given
Now it's time to end this rhyme
And wait for the gift from Heaven!
Remix to Hey, diddle diddle: By Jen, Ale & Eva
Hey diddle diddle
the baby went piddle
Evan fell out of the bed,
Jenn fell asleep
while the baby did weep
And Evan put ice on his head
(who's turn is it anyway?)
Remix to I See the Moon: By Julia & Niki
I see the baby
and the baby sees me
The baby is the BOY I'd like to see
God bless the baby
and God bless ME!
God bless the boy I'd like to see!
Remix to What are Little Boy's Made of: By Mom-in-law & Kirsty
What will Heavenly Father give us
a boy or a girl a child of God
That's what Heavenly Father will give us.
A special angel from up above
kiss & hugs
with lots of love.
That's what eternal families are made of.
Remix to Pop goes the Weasel: By Jessica & Holly
All around the Waldroup home
Evan paced with fear
The sight of blood was not at all fun
Flop! goes the husband.

i'm so glad you enjoyed your shower. i enjoyed putting it together for you and grateful you recognized all the details just for you. :)
ReplyDelete