Saturday, October 30, 2010

Week 39 Update


Winding down...this could very well be my last weekly pregnancy update!  I hope not, but who knows?

Laura and I went to Georgia on Friday for a Time Out For Women weekend retreat.  Unfortunately I was exhausted a good deal of the time so I missed so much of the blessings I could have received.  It started Thursday, I was tired when I got home but stayed up late with Evan, figuring I could just sleep in on Friday since I wasn't going to work and we weren't leaving until noon.  I wasn't able to sleep in like I planned.  I had things to do and needed to get to it.  Including making Evan a pumpkin cheesecake so he would be sure to miss me while I was gone.  =)  The thing I'm most proud about is that I moved Evan's black recliner upstairs to the baby's room so we would have something comfy to sit in upstairs, and more room downstairs.  It wasn't too heavy, just awkward to get up the stairs and it took a lot of my energy.  And as I found out on Saturday it also made my body really sore.  I seriously think it was the most work out I have had this whole pregnancy. (how sad)  Once we got to the TOFW there was a lot more walking to do then I'm used to as well.  My back acts up the most and hurts when I walk around, so needless to say my back was killing me!!

I was hopeful that after a good nights sleep I would be awesome for the Saturday portion of the meeting but I wasn't!!  I usually go to bed around 9:30-10 on a good day.  And that is if I get in a nap right when I get home from work.  A group of girls decided to go out to eat, and so, despite being tired and feeling like I should opt out because I also wasn't hungry, or wanting to spend frivolous money I went because I wanted to be "social" and make some new friends and bond.  Yeah, clearly I haven't met myself.  I might have been there in body but I was CHECKED OUT in every other way so there was really no social bonding going on over on my end.  I should have stayed at the hotel and slept.  It would have produced a totally different Jenn the next day, but instead I was still just as tired the next day and fell asleep during 1 of the talks, and mentally asleep through a couple others.  =(  I'm really bummed because I had never been to a TOFW before but have heard so much about them and was really exited.  Based off my experience I don't think I'll go again.  Which is a shame because I feel it was my fault it wasn't all it could have been.


While I was away Evan picked up the crib we will be borrowing for the baby and put it together this week and made the baby's room actually look like a baby's room!  He did such a great job! 

There has been a little more finger and hand swelling off and on this week and throat burn but I still feel great!!  The baby is nice and high,   No sign yet that he has any desire to come down and meet the world.

My job ends today.  I'm so sad.  I really loved where I worked.  I feel bad because the man I worked for (as his personal assistant) won't be getting taken care of like he was from me.  Or so I thought.  I was actually most upset because the gal that was going to be taking over for me totally sucked.  I just didn't like her at all, she was totally wrong for the office, but in my opinion especially for Paul.  He is just so awesome and I feel he deserves the best, and she was not it.  But, she got let go yesterday!  I of course do feel bad, but I also feel happy and better about leaving knowing they have a fresh start to try again and find someone great.  I was really having such a hard time leaving and was so sad, but once I heard she was gone I felt better.  I know that sounds sad, but maybe that shows just how bad she really was.

I'm choosing to look at my job ending as a blessing, I think having a few days off before the baby comes is the best thing.  I get a few days to relax and help me transition into my new job.  The drive to Nashville everyday has recently started to seem longer, which I think just has to do with being bigger and not wanting to sit in my car for so long anymore.  It's all good.  I can get caught up on last minute baby things I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment