Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Party


Evan as a Pirate and me with baby coming out
 We had our ward Halloween party last night.  Laura is the Activity Chair person, what great timing for this new calling for her, just in time for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations.
E and I filling candy bags, and stuffing pinatas!
We helped out a little, stuffing pinatas, cutting material for bracelets, and helping at the bean bag toss.  I didn't eat before I got there but wish I had once I had the hot dogs. NASTY!  At least the ones I picked. =(  bummer.  There was A LOT of chili, but unless I know what is in food I will not eat it.  Due to my shellfish allergy, and since chili in general is such a mesh of different things I'm not that daring.  But I did have some fruit...and candy! =)  What's also funny is we had a chili cook off at work that same day.  That chili was awesome!!!  I liked that they had listed the spice level and the ingredients next to each pot.  Not to mention the feedback from others that had previously eaten the chili and given their reviews helped to make wise choices.

I had NO idea what a huge hit my costume would be.  I also had no clue how freaked out the little kids would be.  I was totally surprised.  I have never had a cool costume before that people have ever commented on.  It was so simple, I even told Evan on the way there, "I hope no one is offended by this."
Another variation of my week 39 pictures

The party started at 6, and we showed up on time. (see we can show up on time to church!)  They had the traditional Trunk or Treat, I wish I would have had a picture of E's truck all decorated but it was dark by the time we got it done.  After the Trunk or Treat everyone went back in to bust the pinatas.  Evan helped hold and supervise the beating and came out with out a scratch.  Kids with baseball bats are scary!!  They got 3 tries then on to the next person.  I would intervene and grab the bat and hand it to the next kid. 

At both the pinata and the bean bag toss this one kid had a serious problem taking his turn.  He seriously didn't listen to me.  At the bean bag toss if a bag didn't make it into the hole he was all over it and trying to throw it in, and take the bags from the other kids that were taking their turn.  Then at the pinata he kept trying to grab the bat from me and step between me and the kid I was trying to give it to.  Finally I knelt right in front of him after COUNTLESS times telling him to get in line and wait his turn, looked him in the eye, giving him 100% not positive attention and said, " I know you want a turn, you need to go to the back of the line and wait just like all these kids here are doing."  He started to cry and went off.  Oh well.  I don't feel bad.  Maybe I was the first person to not give him what he wanted right when he wanted it. 

Big surprise I was so tired, no food and being preggers, I was ready to leave half way through.  Imagine my surprise when we got in the car and it was only 8pm! HA!  It really felt like 11 or later.

Evan can't wait to be a dad!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the invite :)

    It was so great to finally meet you! I've heard a lot of really great things about you. LOVED your costume...by far the BEST prego costume I've ever seen.

    And ya, I wouldn't feel bad either. In fact, if I'm not mistaken you guys should have only had little girls in your line anyway. I think it was supposed to be divided boys on one side and girls on the other. So double naughty on his part..ha. We just got home from our ward party, and it was Boring!!! SO glad we came to yours last night.

    ReplyDelete