Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cry Wolf

I called my brother's a couple weeks ago to check in with them and see how they are doing and send some love.  I didn't even think about the fact that they might think I was in labor or having the baby.  I called Adam first and he greets me with, "is it a girl or a boy?"  After we talk I call Ryan and now that I realize the power I have, I decide to mess with Ryan.

I call him up and the first thing I say is, "it's a girl!" but before he gets too excited I quickly tell him I'm kidding.  Adam commented how he can't miss my calls anymore.  Yup, no more ignoring my calls or call monitoring! =)

I had tried to get in contact with Laura a little while ago too, it wasn't anything major, but it was time sensitive, she wasn't answering her home or cell phone so once again realizing I have a magic power at my disposal I send her a text, "call me ASAP, I'm having the baby.  Just kidding, but call me when you can."

I figured that wouldn't freak her out too bad since I do tell the truth right away so she doesn't really freak out.  But I guess it still made her heart jump due to the fact that she had 2 missed calls then my text.  oops!  my bad.

Evan is not allowed to have his phone on him at all at work but because of where I'm at in my pregnancy he carries it around with him.  I don't call him, I usually just text during the day.  But my phone was dead today so I called him from work to let him know my phone status.  E usually doesn't answer unknown numbers either, but I guess he is playing it safe and picking up every call. 

I tell Evan about my phone and he says, "Is that it?", "Are you okay?"
Once again I didn't even think about the fact that a call from me, from a strange number might freak him out.  He just keeps asking to make sure there is nothing wrong.  I feel bad.

So now I feel like I can't call just to chat to anyone anymore with out scaring the poop out of them.  It's pretty funny.  Poor family.

No comments:

Post a Comment