I think we've finally hit a BIG milestone. This is day 2 of FABULOUS communication of giving and receiving from Reagan and I.
I wish I could properly put into words the transformation that has occurred. I feel like I can really speak in normal sentences to Reagan and he fully understands what I'm saying and responds properly. He is listening and obeying WONDERFULLY!!! It's due to understanding. I LOVE this new phase we are entering. It's really exciting, to talk to him and have him respond in such a way that I KNOW he understands me now completely!!
This may also be a heads up to me, and take me a bit of time to fully comprehend the full magnitude of his understanding and to now REALLY watch what I say when he is around...like in the car... =)
Kind of funny, I'm really pretty good at watching the mouth while driving, but to be honest when people do certain over the top stupid things a bad word may fly. Evan has always gotten on me, and the other day we were driving and a bone head action occurred and I exclaim, "Aaa" And cut it short. Evan tensed up with my breathe and first letter of the word escaping, but I caught it! I made a point of telling Evan that he better be proud of me, because now I had a headache from holding in my feelings!! =) heehee
It's a great thing that Reagan's growing up and learning more, it just means Mama needs to grow up and learn some more too!!!
He mimicked me the other day when I said, "oh shot!" He said, "oot"
Just this morning as I was organizing our food storage I exclaimed, "ah man!" and he answered back, "ah an!"
I dread the day when I say something more serious and he echos that!! (I'm sure I'll laugh, then pray he doesn't say it around Evan.)
No comments:
Post a Comment