Thursday, October 25, 2012

Uh Oh, Pulled Over

I was heading out last night around 6:30pm, (dark night)  I was pulling out from our street onto Warfield.  This can be a pretty busy rd, I only see one car coming so I don't even bother stopping ans just pull out to be on my way.

What are the odds that one car I see in the distance was a police car?  Whatever the odds, I lost.  I knew instantly why I was seeing those blue lights so I pull over while Reagan is laughing in the back seat at the pretty blue lights strobbing through the van.

By the time I stop Reagan seems to instantly know this isn't good, the whole rest of the time he says, "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh" While the cop is walking up..."uh oh"  While he is in his car, "uh oh"... =)  I affirm to Reagan, "yeah, big uh oh"

Since it has been awhile since I have been pulled over.  I forgot the rule that you leave your seat belt on and get your stuff AFTER the cop is at your door so he can see you have your seat belt on.  I instantly removed my seat belt and was about to let it go when I remembered.  "Oh crap!"  I could only hope that he saw I was wearing it before.  As he approaches the window I exclaim, "I had my seat belt on, I promise, I just took it off to get to my stuff."  He looked doubtful, and said, "uh oh, okay."He told me why I was pulled over, I agreed and knew.  He asked if I was in a hurry, I looked at the clock and said I wasn't sure, but I probably would be now.  Then he asked where I was going.  I told him church, for an interview.  He asked if he was going to find anything attached to my licence.  I said no.

I held it together the whole time.  But I knew I was going to cry afterwards.  I was so upset with myself.  I was doing so awesome at staying away from being pulled over, for YEARS!!  I was sad to have to pay the ticket, sad to have something muck up my record, and sad to probably have to pay more for insurance now. =(  Just sad all around.

I know this ticket was totally deserved, I suck at making stops.  If it's wide open and honestly no need to stop, I don't!  He came back gave me all my stuff and told me to pay attention more.  I sure will, I'll make sure the car I pull in front of isn't a cop!!  =)  kidding.  So I didn't get a ticket!  Blessing!!  I'm really thankful I didn't get one.  It really did serve to remind me to be a better driver.  If I really don't want to muddy my record, or pay a ticket or increase our insurance than I need to obey the laws better.  So I think I really have learned a lesson.  The cops final words were, good luck at your interview. =)  I thanked him a lot.  That was very generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment